Frequently Asked Questions
Is Paloma Health right for me?
If you already have an established diagnosis of hypothyroidism you will benefit from easy access to a specialized thyroid care team. No one likes the discomfort, stress, and anxiety of having fatigue, depression, or other thyroid symptoms. Having your own dedicated thyroid care team will provide you with the assurance that your well being is the number one priority, that your questions will be answered, and that your symptoms will be diagnosed and treated by a team of US-based, board-certified, thyroid specialists (including endocrinologists and functional medicine doctors).
What makes Paloma Health different?
We believe the way you feel is more important than your lab numbers.
We believe the thyroid gland is one of the most important contributors to your wellbeing and if not closely monitored can make you feel at best, "not your best" and at worst, worn out, depressed, struggling with weight, unable to function well at your work, and stressed about all of this.
And because of this, we have created the most complete test kit that you can take at home, we've hired the best doctors to help treat and stay on top of your hypothyroidism in addition to health coaches to help you with holistic approaches to your health - from the best diet, to managing stress, to the right exercise to help maintain your best thyroid health.
How much does Paloma Health cost?
Paloma Health charges a monthly membership fee of $20, which covers access to your dedicated care manager. Similar to a co-pay, there is a $42 cost per appointment with your thyroid doctor.
Visit fees may be covered by your insurance or you can pay directly at $42 per visit if you don't have coverage.
Does Paloma Health accept insurance?
Paloma Health's mission is to help as many people as possible. To expand the range of members we can support, we will continue to grow our network of commercial insurance partners to provide coverage for visits with providers.
What is a dedicated care manager?
Your care manager will help you manage the logistics of care, while also supporting our internal clinical staff to ensure fluid coordination between the various professionals working on your team.
We know that sharing your medical history, scheduling appointments, filling out insurance forms, navigating benefits/coverage of your health plan, and finding local test sites can be challenging. We’ve got you covered, and your care manager will help facilitate these tasks for you.
Paloma's care managers work only with thyroid patients and therefore understand the unique circumstance of thyroid care including thyroid medications, testing, diet and symptoms.
Can my Health Provider prescribe medications and order lab tests or diagnostics?
Yes, your healthcare provider can prescribe medications, just like any other medical practice. Your healthcare provider can also order additional labs when necessary.
Read our FAQ
What’s included in my membership?
Here’s what you can expect to receive with your Paloma Health membership:
- Access to highly qualified care team members, including Registered Dietitians, endocrinologists and functional medicine MDs, all working together to deliver integrated care aimed at helping you achieve symptom control
- a 12-week Hashimoto's protocol to help you implement lifestyle changes with the goal of improving your symptoms
- The ease and convenience of using telehealth. Have video visits from the comfort of your home or office, after-hours, and on weekends. Enjoy convenient unlimited messaging with your care team
- Convenient access to prescription medications and diagnostic tests (including labs, imaging, and procedures) if deemed necessary by your care team
- Personalized care plans and educational content that is tailored to your health goals and lifestyle preferences
- Access to a dedicated care manager to help you navigate your health journey including medical record retrieval, external referrals, and procedural needs